MCC Issued Chromebook Computer Policies
Melbourne Central Catholic High School students and parents agree to the following policies regarding use of the MCC issued Chromebook:
1. The use of the Chromebook is limited to educational purposes under the guidelines of the MCC Mission Statement, Statement of Beliefs, and Goals as set forth in the Parent-Student Handbook.
2. The student is responsible for any and all costs related to the loss, theft or damage of the Chromebook including broken and damaged screens, damage caused by fluids or sand/dirt, and damage caused by another person.
3. Students will immediately report any damage, loss, or theft of their assigned Chromebooks to the Network Administrator.
4. The Chromebook must remain in the possession of the student to whom it is assigned. The borrowing or exchanging of Chromebooks is prohibited.
5. Tampering with the Chromebook or its software, anti-malware, firewalls or security features in any way is prohibited.
6. When not in use, Chromebooks will be kept in a protective area.
7. Students are not to decorate their Chromebooks with stickers, markings, etc. in any way.
8. Students are responsible for bringing the Chromebook fully charged to every class every day.
9. The Administration, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to amend these regulations at any time and also to impose disciplinary action as it deems appropriate.
Policy for Cracked Screens
The school Media Specialist in conjunction with the Technology department coordinates the repair work for Chromebooks. Bring the Chromebook and the completed Repair Authorization Form to the Media Center. Once the Repair Authorization Form has been received a loaner Chromebook will be issued. The fee to fix the screen is $100.00. Students will be notified by email once the repair is completed.
Click here for the Repair Authorization Form
Click this link to purchase a Chromebook charger.
These Chromebook cases are now available in the Media Center for $30.