10 Reasons why a Melbourne Central Catholic High School Education is the BEST CHOICE for your child
10. Surrounded by Faith and learning to know God: Maintaining a school in the Catholic tradition is paramount to our missions at Melbourne Central Catholic. Along with the array of academic courses, all students study theology for their four years while at MCC. MCC provides many opportunities for the expression of faith through Mass, Reconciliation services, and other prayer services throughout the year. Students are involved in the services through their participation as members of our school choir, altar servers, lectors and ministers of Holy Communion. Our school has a full time campus minister available to the students. The administrators, teachers and staff model a Christian lifestyle to the students.
9. Extracurricular activities and leadership opportunities abound. MCC provides a variety of leadership and extracurricular activities. All of our students are involved in one or more extracurricular activity. Their activities may include all major sports, debate team, student government, choir, drama, literary, world language clubs and more. Students who participate in these clubs are given the opportunity to organize events, challenge themselves at competitions, and demonstrate their gifts and talents.
8. Athletic opportunities for the natural athlete as well as those who want to try something new. MCC provides athletic programs that are comprehensive and varied, offering athletic opportunities to all of our students. Our athletic programs instill values of leadership, commitment, maturity, sportsmanship and self-discipline. Learning to deal with success and how to overcome adversity are lessons that will last a lifetime. Our athletic programs fields junior varsity and varsity teams in various sports played throughout the school year. MCC is dedicated to giving all student athletes an opportunity to participate in our well-equipped, well-staffed athletic program. While our academics are top notch, so are our athletic teams, which have received both local and statewide coverage for excellence. Our teams have attained success at all levels, yet have never lost sight of the values of sportsmanship and fair play. Our athletic teams reflect the pride, discipline and passion for excellence that are in the heart of Melbourne Central Catholic High School. Click here for more information about our athletic programs.
7. The program meets the needs of various students. We at MCC know that students have different academic abilities. A Catholic school is, first and foremost, designed to meet the needs of the students in the Catholic community whatever their academic strengths or limitations. Our goal is that every student continues his/her education beyond high school. We strive to challenge every student to meet the highest possible standards. We are pleased to offer a resource program that assists students who find academic pursuits more difficult. This program looks intently at the individual academic needs of each student. This process leads up to develop a strong program of instruction that is meaningful for every student and will unlock ones' innate learning potential.
6. Students are immersed in a safe environment. We believe that students learn best and achieve their full potential in a safe and orderly classroom. This positive academic environment begins with enforcing a no tolerance policy for violence at school. School personnel are encouraged to identify factors that contribute to inappropriate conduct and actively devise strategies to minimize these concerns. We continue to share and encourage effective strategies for a safe community such as: